Gluten Free, No Sugar Added Carob Banana Oatmeal Cookies
2 cups rolled oats (not quick or instant)
½ cup of Peanut Butter or Peanut Butter Powder (If using peanut butter, do not add Earth Balance)
3 Tablespoons of Rice Protein
3 tablespoons cinnamon or 2tbsp Cinnamon and 1tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice (Trader Joe’s)
1 Cup of Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 Cup of Garbanzo Bean Flour
½ Cup of Carob Bean Powder
3/4 – 1 Cup of Almond Butter
1 ½ cups raisins
5 ripe bananas
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter, or liquid oil (I used Earth Balance)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* You can get a large package of this flour at Whole Foods for about $3.50
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking liners, or grease well.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, mash the peeled bananas. Stir the egg in thoroughly, then add the oil or melted butter and vanilla and mix. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir together until well incorporated. If the mixture seems dry, add water or other liquid by the tablespoonful until it seems right.
- Scoop batter onto cookie sheets in two-tablespoon mounds. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Makes about 24 cookies (medium sized)