Enchanting, visceral clouds of light;
2012, not lost like the others.
Symbolic; like a flower without petals,
swaying at the thought of spring.
Multiple colored hues break through the clouds;
once dark and shapeless.
Waiting on the clock to speak;
Years lost and now found.
No more silence,
First breath of Spring on winter’s snow.
Deep breath after goodbye,
Warming the heart;
Not like ice, but warming from the inside out.
Until one day the cold is no more;
Replaced by springs eternal gaze.
Like light in the depths of a deeply buried cave,
The end of a never ending maze;
Finding your way to shore…
Apple – Garbanzo Oat Pancakes
- 1/2 cup of Garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup of Oat Bran
- 1 Tablespoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Medium Apple, chopped into tiny pieces
- Juice of 1 Small Orange
- 1 tsp of vanilla concentrate
- Stir all dry ingredients together
- Add water slowly while stirring to make sure consistency is not too watery
- Add in chopped apples and juice from Orange, and mix well
- Over medium high heat, form medium sized pancakes on a lightly oiled pan. Cover with a light dusting of Cinnamon and cook for 3 minutes on each side, until lightly crisp on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter.